velvetwoods

Art loves Photography

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Come visit Wibbley World for super cute and surreal art

THE EQUESTROPUS Surreal Art


Welcome to a fantastic world called Wibbley World, where the inhabitants of Wibbley World live a life full of courage and adventure.Elizabeth Victoria Knowles has been painting for over a decade.Elizabeth's paintings represent a world where nothing bad ever happens, well nothing life threatening anyway. It seems if something horrible does happen, her adorable whimsical characters make the best of every situation. Take prissy for example - she was bitten by a radioactive flying fish so now she has to live her life as a cat/mermaid/fairy hybrid. Prissy just carries on with life with a coffee, martini and a big smile on her face, never giving up on hope.
So remember to never give up on hope and do it with a big smile !

Lacking in the Face Department - 8x10 Print

Prissy - 8x10 Print


So Elizabeth was kind enough to answer my 3 Q& A'S.

What inspires you ?

Our first Boston Terrier, Mr. Bones, was probably my first, biggest inspiration. After painting him with his huge, bi-color wall-eyes for the first time, my work went in a new direction. Continued inspiration comes from my husband (a never ending source of ideas for characters) my kids, and my pets. My work is also self-inspiring as new ideas will often come to me while I'm in the middle of a painting.

What do you do to relax?

To relax I like to watch DVD's with my husband, read, and draw or paint.

Best childhood memory?

This is a tough one as I don't know that I have a particular favorite, but my stuffed animals were very important to me & I loved playing with them. I also liked playing in the woods with my sister, birthdays, and coming home from school to watch Dark Shadows!

More amazing art and super cute fury friends of Wibbley World
here

16 comments:

  1. Love this artist! Thanks for featuring her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love, love, love. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...awesome artist. Thanks for the feature. I feel like my life is a little better after seeing this art :)

    also- unrelated- I love your blog layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible artist...love the Boston Terrier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An octopus riding a horse. Now THAT'S not something you see everyday! Great artist, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. velvetwoods,

    Not sure how you do it, but you always manage to pick out the gems. I love surreal things. The octopus is my favorite here and I have never seen one on a horse before. Really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Velvetwoods, thanks for featuring my work in your blog, and thanks also to everyone for your kind words about the Wibblies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so neat! I love the big, glowing eyes and the rich colors. This is exactly the type of thing I would love to have all over my house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Wibbley World and I'm fortunate enough to own one of Vicky's paintings! It will forever be cherished! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for visiting my blog. Let me know what you think of the Blue Blood Series =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the artwork! the kitty mermaid is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Crazy cute and I love the little stories that go with them! These would be so neat in a "children's" book for adults :) Wonderful feature!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the black and white mercat... My towns colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is some very cool art. I love the big eyes. I will check her out. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making me smile tonight.