velvetwoods

Art loves Photography

Monday, September 7, 2009

Pamela klaffke- Canadian Photographer


She shoots exclusively with analogue cameras and holga cfn is one of her faves.Pamela does not digitally alter any of her images and in her own words she likes the beauty and warmth, unpredictability and imperfection of working with film.

Wonderful, slightly dark and superbly surreal is Pamela klaffke's awesome photography.
Pamela klaffke's work combines retro kitsch with some unusual lovable characters.
A bit like a strange and modern fairytale book set in an urban setting, Pamela klaffke's images captures a motley of delightful characters with a grainy and vintage feel to it.

vuples volpes” is one of twelve photographs
in the “bestia parvulus” series.


“cuniculus (rabbit)” is one of twelve photographs
in the “bestia parvulus” series


“feles (cat)” is one of twelve photographs
in the “bestia parvulus” series



So I was super excited when I asked Pamela three Q & A's.

What inspires you ?

1. Most of my inspiration comes from spending time with my 8-year-old daughter, dark, classic fairy tales (the real ones, not the disney-fied versions) and vintage book illustrations.

What do you do to relax?

2. To relax, I like to cook, hunt around thrift shops for props, books and costumes. I also sew and enjoy keeping up with what people are creating on etsy.

Best childhood memory?

3. My favorite childhood memories are all about making costumes and toys, dressing up and putting on plays and puppet shows.

Thank you so much Pamela for taking part in the Q & A's.


Walrus by Pamela klaffke.
I have fallen in love with a walrus,my fave.
-velvetwoods

To view more of Pamela klaffke’s
Fabulous work please visit her on etsy HERE

11 comments:

  1. These images are so thought-provoking...thank you for sharing this artist with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great shop from a fellow Canadian!! The images are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this great artist. I am really drawn to the darkness in the photos, it pulls you in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting stuff :) I've been eyeing Holgas and can't wait to play with one! Seems Holga photography is more about the process and less about trying to force results with photos. I like the walrus too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She takes on difficult themes in a beautiful and exciting way, I like this very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love her style! The animals masks are very unique. They're cute, whimsical, and slightly creepy at the same time. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite kind of art, a little surreal and completely impossible to define. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great photog! Thank you for sharing.

    Definitely checking out the shop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful artist! I love the surreal quality of her photos! Thanks for sharing!

    [inkihandmade.blogspot.com]
    [inkihandmade.etsy.com]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making me smile tonight.