velvetwoods

Art loves Photography

Saturday, August 8, 2009

My Kodak Duaflex !

Here's some of my experiments with fake ttv.






My first ever ebay purchase, a kodak Duaflex from the UK,it should be here in a few weeks.The original versions were available from December 1947 - September 1950 in the US, and 1949-1955 in the UK. Finally I can take some real ttv photos instead of using a fakey.

Through the Viewfinder photography is defined as taking a picture of any subject through the viewfinder of any camera with another camera. The image captured through the ttv is not a clean sharp picture but instead highlight the dust, scratches and texture,giving it a black border.

11 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a cool idea! Those photos look amazing. I love the vintage look they have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your pics with the real one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How interesting, my little sister has recently got into photography and she would love something like that.

    It'll be so much easier buying presents for her from now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool. Excited to see what you'll do next...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi velvetwoods,

    Your artwork and ideas are always innovative and original. Lovely ethereal photos! There is a late 1960s feel over them, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look forward to your real ttv pictures. I like the fake ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know about TTV photography. It has a neat effect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a duoflex, but the viewfinder is too messy for me :) The mirror has a blemish and I don't want to try and take the thing apart to replace it. It does take pretty good photos though, you just have to roll 120 film onto the 620 rolls.

    I can't wait to see your TTV shots!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making me smile tonight.