velvetwoods

Art loves Photography

Monday, July 20, 2009

Mondayitis,Monday Artist.

Everyone hates Mondays so let’s learn about an artist to help ease the pain of Mondays.

Medicine woman by Susan Seddon Boulet

"In The Company Of Wolves" by Susan Seddon Boulet

Shaman Wolf

Athena by Susan Seddon-Boulet

She is famous for her exquisite and richly developed imagination.I first heard of her when I walked into a bookshop and saw her goddess tarot cards and was quite spellbound by them.
She is Susan Seddon-Boulet, San Francisco Bay Area artist, who was born in Brazil in 1941 of English parents who had emigrated from South Africa. She died in 1997 from a long battle with cancer.

Anais Nin wrote:
"These figures are out of our dreams, those which flee from us upon awakening, those which are dispersed like dew at dawn, and those which fall apart between fingers like dust--roses."

Susan Seddon- Boulet was inspired by the magical world of dreams, her love for animals, shamans and goddesses.
I love her symbolic images and the rich,lush,earthy tones of her paintings. It is like being in the spiritual realm where everything is sacred and everyone has a shaman they can consult with about the mysterious of life.

Here is some bat for lashes ,the song is Pearl's dream, reminds me some of Susan Seddon- Boulet images.I LOVE this song and clip.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. I love the work of this artist. I did not know of her batle with cancer and her death in 1997. Thank you for sharing this post. I have a photographer friend who personally photoshoped me into
    one of her scenerios as my daughter thought I belonged there!
    Hope your week is filled with small pleasures
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome,I love her too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making me smile tonight.