velvetwoods

Art loves Photography

Friday, July 17, 2009

A little story about me.

I have been tagged by Knot-Cha-Chá! to tell 10 things about myself.


1. I grew up in a place full of nature and beauty without electricity. I lived in a hut by the river made by my grandfather overlooking two striking mountains that resembled two bosoms.At night time by grandfather and I would sit by the window. We would watch the bats fly home to the cave perched on the side of the mountain, while the sun was slowly sinking for a restful sleep.


2. I used to run around naked when I was kid but I’m not nudist anymore. My grandmother was very upset she couldn't put a dress on me without chasing me down the road.


3. As a teenager I was rebellious and went to a school were teachers were called by their first name and smoking at the back was OK.

4. I have hitched hiked trice in my life but never alone...two out of those three times I went to the beach.Mr Woods and I missed the bus, no more buses that day and our car was somewhere else. We got to the island but the beach was miles away, no taxis around.....Well we saw turtles bobbing up and down the size of buses in the ocean and whales doing whale things that day. We swam and swam like little fishies.
Otherwise hitch hiking can be dangerous...murderers and the likes roam the planet too.

5. I love Marshal Arts, especially Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

6. I’ve been to the Amazon and stayed in an eco lodge, it was amazing. I have also been to see the great lost city of the Incas, Machu Picchu. When I got to the top I found a quiet corner overlooking the vast majestic vista and meditated.

7. I know Shiatsu and Reikie, I have studied them both. I believe in the power of Reikie and everyone deserves to be touch in a loving way without feeling uncomfortable or violated.

8. I Love all forms of art, most of all how it can manifest itself creatively in so many ways in one’s life. I think life is art and everyone has a piece of the master piece inside them. We are all Botticelli's Venus.

9. To live a life unexamined is a real shame and rather dull but at the same time navel gazing too often is a real pain. Everything is about balancing the yin and yang and embracing life's unpredictability. Life is in constant flux even when you think your feet is deeply rooted on the ground the world has a bit of tango to shake things up.

10. life is just a ride.

Here's some of my new photographic artwork.
available at velvetwoods.etsy.com

I tried to make you heartshape eggs for breakfast.

Nature is colorful


7 comments:

  1. wow what an amazing place to have grown up in - so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting life story! Beautiful passionate artwork too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got to comment on number 3... How hard it must have been to be a rebel in a high school that was so lax! Haha.
    Your life story is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing.

    PS: The pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok - my life is boring. Love the artwork!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks lovelies!
    Ha yeah no.3 I guess I was your typical teenager with aghast. I am always amazed when I hear people say they never rebelled as teenagers. I guess they were much more emotionally mature or utterly petrified of the rocking the boat. No matter teenagers just need a lot of love and understanding. I’m not raising any kids yet but I'm sure it will be big dipper of a ride.

    Oh your life is NOT boring Audrey.
    Everyone has a rich inner world; I love the internal world and everyone's internal world. I connect better with people if I know why they scratch their head. Oh you have lice well that's terrible just don't give them to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful information you have shared with us. You honor us all!

    The lush, and green place where you grew up is really magical, and your trips to the Amazon and to Machu Picchu give you great adventuress status in my mind.

    You have a rich inner life of powerful content, deep emotion, and true compassion. We are all blessed by the gift of your blog.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are too sweet Sharon ,thank you for being my blog friend.I'm blessed by your presence.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making me smile tonight.